Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The saga continues...

Kent went to the dr. today to get checked out. The verdict is sprained neck muscles and a mild concussion. He is doing better today, but still stiff and sore. Thanks for all the prayers I'm sure you're sending up.

The insurance agent came by to check out the car this morning. He thinks it's totaled. No surprise there.

The cops and the driver Kent was pushed into both called today to see how he was doing. How nice is that!

Everything that could go right in this situation has gone right. At least it seems that way. No one sustained any serious injuries. There were multiple cooperative witnesses (that in itself borders on the miraculous!). The perpetrator was found and arrested quickly. We're still awaiting the outcome with all the insurance stuff, but our company has already reserved a rental for Kent to use if he wants it.

Crazy way to start the new year, but I gotta say, it's a whole lot easier to replace a car than a husband/father! I am definitely starting this year with a thankful heart.

Later!

3 comments:

The Meyer Family said...

Wow. That just rocks my head wide open. I just got your website address this evening, and immediately (of course!) jump over to see what's been going on in your life (being a rather pathetic part-time blogger myself), and am completely blown away by your testimony (including the Spain trip) and your poetry and the news of the play (wish I coulda been in it!!) and the sudden and stressful incident with the car.

Praise God for protecting Kent!

Michigan is chock full of fatal car accidents, mostly involving teenagers and alcohol -- or teenagers and excessive speed -- so I've gotten very paranoid about that kind of thing. Every time Cheryl heads out to do some shopping, I go into panic mode; and if she's more than fifteen minutes past the expected return date, the adrenaline starts pumping, and I'm a nervous wreck.

We thank God for his love and care, and pray that he continues to hold you safe in his arms, sheltering you all from those who would do you harm through intention or ignorance. God bless you all!

The Meyer Family said...

Postscript:

Loved the photos from the Mexico trip! Our church is now in the planning stages for yet another mission trip to the Dominican Republic - they've been doing it for three or four years now -- and Cheryl and I are considering it. But before going, it is my intention to (re)learn Spanish to the point where I can carry on at least a 1st-grade level conversation with the natives. The trip begins Oct. 7, so that gives me roughly nine months to cram!! Got any suggestions for books/CDs/software that would help???

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.