Friday, February 23, 2007

Listen...

Be Still. Hush. Listen.

What is it that you hear? Is that the voice of God calling? Or is it merely the beating of your heart? Do you hear the water cascading through the valley? Or is it the whisper of God's heart?

"Find me. Follow me. I will take you on a journey to a place you've never been. The way is long and sometimes hard. There are bends in the path, often where you least expect them. Don't worry. It's okay. Come with me. I know the way; I've been there before. We'll have an adventure together, full of fun, joy and, yes, sorrow too. But wait till you see where we're going! I came for you because I want you to go with me. I want you to be where I am. There are so many wonderful things I want to share with you. Please...come with me."

Do you hear His voice in the river's song?

"Walk with me awhile. Where I will take you is like nowhere you have ever been. Come, walk with me. I will not abandon you. You will not be betrayed by me. I love you. Be with me and we will walk hand-in-hand through the garden again. I will never leave you. I'll be right here, forever. Just don't turn away."

4/17/04

May each one of us hear the voice of God and follow.

No comments: