Sunday, February 25, 2007

Visionary Faith 1

"However, as it is written: no eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him - But God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God." 1 Cor. 2:9-10

It was said earlier today, essentially, that God often calls us to partake in His vision; a vision which we could never accomplish on our own. It is God's vision.

Now, you could say that seems pretty mean, to ask me to do something He knows full well I cannot do...until you look at all the scriptures that assure us it is by His power, His grace, His name that it is accomplished.

These tasks He gives to each individual are designed to make us reliant upon Him. Hebrews 11 states that "without faith it is impossible to please God." So by giving me a part in His vision, which only He can fulfill, He is providing yet another way for me to draw near to Him, for my faith to grow. He requires that I have faith and then gives me the means by which to obtain it. He truly has thought of everything.

What is so amazing to me is that He wants me to please Him. If I were God, would I care whether or not one measly little person pleased me? I mean, I'm God, right? Wipe her out and make a new one! But God really does desire that relationship with me so much! It's incredible the lengths He's gone to, to provide opportunity for that connection. Communion.

And what "He has prepared for those who love Him" we cannot come even close to imagining- no matter how creative a person you are, God has cornered the market. Infinite creativity + incomprehensible love = wow! Just look what He did in "6 days"!


Well, somewhere in this post, I hope, is a cohesive thought. My brain shut down about 45 minutes ago so I'm off to bed. I'll check back tomorrow and see if I can clear things up a bit. Until then, know that the great God of the Universe really is "out to get you", but not in the way many people seem to think. He loves you incredibly. He wants you to be with Him.

G-nite!

No comments: