Sunday, February 18, 2007

My Favorite Candybar

Okay, so after my previous post on the problem of child labor on cocoa farms I decided to check out Hershey's and Nestle's. The good news is I think my favorite candybar is safe. Both those companies, if their websites are to be believed, are working toward eliminating unsafe child labor practices. In addition, they appear to be encouraging education, better farming practices and community growth in farming areas. It all sounds good. I hope it is as good as it sounds. Sometimes it's hard to know what to believe.

I'm going to keep researching. I've got an inquiry into one of my favorite tea companies now. Maybe if more of us ask about fair trade more companies will partake in fair trade. It's worth a shot.

Let me know what you come up with!

later!

No comments: