Wednesday, March 14, 2007

As the Wind Blows...

As the wind blows across the ocean waves
so my prayer goes up to You.
Oh God, why have you done what you have done?
The sorrow you must feel is more than I can bear.
The mist and spray mingle with the tears in my heart.
My pain is great, Oh God, but yours so much
greater.
Yet together we go on; each with our sorrows, each
with our joys.
So great is your love for me;
so great is my remorse for having spurned
that love so often, unjustly.
Forgive me, Oh God, is what I pray and always
that is just what you do.
For you are molding me, Lord, molding me to be just
as you have ordained from the beginning.
It hurts sometimes, God, hurts us both. But I know,
and you know, that this pain is only temporary,
and it will pass away.
But in the meantime, Oh God, let us walk these
shores together, growing closer in Love.
And one day, when this world and its pains are
gone, we shall walk the shores of Heaven,
hand in hand, for that is how it should be; that
is how you have ordained Life to be; joyous,
full of fun and laughter.
And that is how it will be; Father and child,
Brother and sister...friends.

copyright Cassie Landrum
10/08/88

No comments: