Thursday, March 22, 2007

Spain 13

Sorry to leave you hangin' guys! It's been a crazy couple of days. I'll pick up where we left off last time...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7/6/92 cont'd

There is much power released from God through the prayers of His children. I have tasted of that power. Beyond "Thank you, Lord, for answered prayer," into the realization of His absolute power and authority over all.

The point was mentioned that we, as Christians even, have no rights. We have what we have because of the grace and mercy of the Almighty God. And what a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God! His love has covered us from His wrath as we have come to the point in our individual lives where He is able to accept us since we have now been covered, or cleansed, from our unholiness. For what is sinful cannot dwell in the presence of what is holy and pure.

I spoke of the power of prayer. The Spirit of God moved among the congregation yesterday morning. Voices cried out to God, praises lifted higher and higher... and then the singing stopped (for all this was taking place during the song service before the lesson began).

I had my eyes closed most of the time, praying and praising within my heart, singing what words I knew. As the last song ended, suddenly there was someone beside me. Prince. He put his hand on my head and the instant he did, I felt the power of God so strong! He began to pray for me and as he did so I felt my heart would burst it was so full! I felt as though God were blessing me through the hand of Prince much like the fathers of old blessed their children. Many of the words were intercessory, but I know I received an affirmation from God that day. I have been accepted by Him as His child, His daughter.

All I could do was bow my head, raise my hands, and open my heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know if you've ever felt anything like that before. It was both frightening and exciting. A frightening realization of how incredibly huge and awesome God is and what insignificant "pond scum" I am. Exciting because of the affirmation of knowing He loves me. I am significant in the eyes of God and what better place is there to be? I wish I could adequately describe the feeling that moment brought, physically, emotionally, spiritually. But, maybe some of you know what I'm talking about.

I'll try to post more tomorrow. Nighty-nite!

1 comment:

Sarah Burch Gordon said...

Soooo been there....sooooo loved it. : ) The tangible presence of God is such a fantastically undescribably and beautiful thing!