Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Spain 7

Are ya bored yet?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
6/24/92

Day two at AF Center.

Interesting place. I don't know that I agree entirely with Rev. Amos, but I have met some wonderful people here. Very servant-oriented.

Laundry was interesting today. Linda took Lezlie & I to the laundromat. That was fine. .50 per load today- normally .75. We didn't have time to dry them there because we had to get back for dinner. So we hung them on the line at the center. It got too late to leave them there so now they're hanging from various places of the bedroom, including the balcony! Amusing sight- I hope none fall off!

Lezlie & I were informed today that unless we came up with another $1000. each, minimum, we would not be going.

Panic time! Well, not panic exactly, but we sure have been wracking our brains.

I sat out on the porch for a few minutes this afternoon, just watching the people go on with their lives. I prayed.

Father, this is your mission. If you want us on it, I trust that you'll get us there. We'll do what we can. We trust you with the rest. Father, your will be done....

I have no doubts that the money will come if God chooses to send us there. God does not work by man's schedule, but by His ultimate wisdom.

This is a lesson in patience and faith.

I may learn more than I bargained for this summer.

Remember that God uses people to answer prayers. Be an answer to someone's prayer today.

Father, touch peoples' hearts (including my own); change them, mold them, prepare them. Thank you for who you are. All glory & praise to you. Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: