Saturday, March 03, 2007

Spain 4

This next segment takes place in Fresno. Bet you're wondering if I ever get to Spain! A lot of stuff happened before I ever left the country. It may be the better part of the story. Well, maybe not....I landed in Fresno 6/18/92, the day before my friend & travel companion, Lezlie. Her mother picked me up at the airport. (Mind you, we had never met before. She found me, tho).

I wasn't going to give you this entry, but I thought my Arts Min friends might appreciate the topic.

We pick up 6/19/92:
~~~~~

Lezlie made it here okay. We spent the day with Mrs. Roach shopping for Lezlie. Afterward, she very graciously treated us to a movie: Sister Act. It's a Whoopie Goldberg film and very funny. Interesting in that the movie depicts how lives can change when influenced by God; change in values, in attitudes, ultimately in action/lifestyle.

What I found most interesting about the movie was a different message. A cry to the Church from the world.

The message I saw? If members/congregations as a whole will reach out to people where they are, in a way which is understandable to them, there will be a much greater response. Not that we should be in the business of "tickling people's ears". Speak the truth in love - but love comes in different forms. The same message can be written on different types of stationery.

God's message is for all. God reaches people; Jesus goes to people where they're at to spread truth in love. Can we do less? Less than our Discipler? Remember what a disciple is? One who conforms his/her life totally, completely, without exception to that of the Master.

Think about it. If you go see that movie, listen to the cry of the world to the Church. It wasn't a christian staff who created that film. The world is crying out for God...will we answer?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: