Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Spain 11

7/01/92 cont'd
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 2 hr drive to Daimiel didn't seem all that long. Of course that's not too surprising with hours and hours of flight time behind us.

Prince did his best to keep us awake, talking non-stop in both english and spanish. What he had to say was very interesting, like how the Church (mostly in the states) is like a sleeping baby, or like a frog in a pot of water. The water slowly reaches the boiling point but the frog never notices.

I still had a hard time keeping awake. With not much sleep in the last couple of days to begin with, then 11-12 hrs air time, an 8 hr time change...I still felt like the ground was moving beneath me, the walls around me.

"What's that?!", I heard Lezlie exclaim. I turned toward where she was pointing. Looming on the horizon was an ever-nearing, very large, ominous silhouette. Solid black with horns.

Now, what you have to understand is 1) we were completely exhausted and 2) Prince had just been telling us of spiritual warfare, witches, etc. You can imagine how startled we were to see that image suddenly appear before our bleary eyes. It turned out to be a billboard of a bull.

Well, I managed to stay awake until a little after 10pm. My head hit the pillow and I was "out like a light" (which happened to still be on).

Don't think I didn't say a prayer first, though. It's my understanding that spiritual warfare of the not-so-subtle kind is prevalent here and all over Spain. Apparently Ricardo (Richard, part of the AF group) had an encounter the night he arrived with the rest of the group. I'm told Daimiel is called the "city of the witches". There's a population of about 18,000, though by looking you'd never know due to it's small town appearance.

So, I prayed. And I reminded God that He promised not to allow more than we can bear. I went to sleep under an angel (a picture on the wall which I somehow felt might be representative of the real thing).

Aside from a couple of noises around 7 or 8am (rising time for the rest of the group), I slept the sleep of the peaceful dead until noon. I could've slept longer, but I didn't because I knew I would oversleep if I did. We were due at the Parker's at 2pm for lunch. Gina, Prince's wife, is a good cook.

Now is siesta time, which begins with lunch and goes till about 5pm. The main activities are eating and sleeping...which is precisely what I intend to do very soon. I'm still really tired, but at least my world isn't trembling and rolling around me anymore...as much anyway.

We have a church meeting tonight. I'm really looking forward to listening to Prince's lesson. I've heard some of his viewpoints in english - very interesting. Now I have to grapple at understanding in spanish. Although, I have been doing better than I thought I would.

More later. Nap time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: