Friday, March 16, 2007

Spain 12

Okay, where was I? Oh yeah. Here we go...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7/02/92

Missed my nap yesterday. I had, literally, just lay down when Lezlie came out. "It's 5:58!" We had to be at the Parker's at 6:30 and everybody was still asleep.

The service [church] was great! Great lesson. Great worship. A lot of fun! I understood most everything, surprisingly enough.

Prince is very interesting to listen to. He has very thought-provoking viewpoints and I think I agree with most everything I've heard so far.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7/06/92

I received a blessing from God yesterday.

So much has happened in this first week here; so much I've learned with little to no time to write about it. I stayed home from the swimming pool today (our day off) to try and catch up on all that has taken place. Bear with me as I try to relay my memories.

Basic Run-Down of the Daily Schedule (varies):

6-7am wake up call/ morning showers (3 people)
8:30 breakfast at the Parker's
9:30 at church for prayer & bible study
12-2pm literature/tract distribution (we walk door-to-door in pairs)
2pm at the Parker's for lunch
3:30-5 home for chores/ siesta
5:30/6 at church for prayer, then more literature distribution
7:30/8:30 cena (light dinner), then worship at church (varies)
9/10pm street work (showing movies, preaching, singing, puppet shows)
12-2am bedtime, night showers (3 people)

I'll have to try to write in another place all the very interesting things I've been learning or hearing from Principe. I do, definitely, want to get them down. His lessons have been very intriguing.

Prince's childhood nickname is "Rocky" because he was always rocking himself. He still does. Let me tell you, it's a joy to watch this man pray! No inhibitions about praising God! It took some getting used to. To describe him I'll use his own words as best as I remember, "To the evangelical I'm pentecostal; to the pentecostal I'm evangelical."

I've always been put off by the "hallelujah, praise God, raise your hands, shout to heaven" stuff. It's always seemed really hokey to me; people walking around with dreamy looks on their faces....

This is different. It's not hokey. It's real.

When I look at Prince I see a little boy yelling, "Yay, Dad!" I see a battling soldier crying out for victory as though already won. I see the reality of spiritual warfare, the tangibility of the spirit realm.

This is no joke. This is no game.

The Spirit of God is here, different and more powerful, more real than I have ever before known. Things I've thought, but have never been taught I am now seeing with my own eyes.

God protect me lest I go astray. We are in the thick of battle here. Pray with us. Pray for us. Pray for the children, especially of Daimiel. And God, I pray for the churches who, like frogs, are sleeping in a pot of water, slowly starting to boil. God, Father, wake us up!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are a few more pages in this entry so I'll divide it up and post it over the next couple days. Feel free to share your thoughts with me as I take this trip down memory lane!

Until next time...

No comments: