Thursday, March 01, 2007

Spain 2

6/6/92

My last Sunday at Northwest (Church) before we leave.

Someone asked me, "Are you scared?" My answer was no. I'm not scared to go....

Then I realized I am scared, but not of going to Spain. I'm really looking forward to this trip though I know it will be taxing.

I'm scared of the return. Will it be the same as last time? Will I have to begin once again? Or will the relationships pick up where they left off? I think not, save for perhaps one or two.

And how much will I change? How different will things be? Will my dog still love me?

Will my roommate really move back to Ohio? Will I need to find another place to live?

How much of what I deem valuable now will really hold importance once I return?

How different will I be? My viewpoints?

Will I be accepted upon return? How will people react to the changes in me? Will they understand? Will I understand when they don't?

I have a million questions with answers yet to be discovered. And yet another, "Will I be accepting of changes that inevitably will occur, both within and in circumstances without?"

Tough questions. One answer.

The scripture was read to me by Khoi: "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord." 1 Cor. 15:58

Sometimes you just have to do what you know you need to, no matter what else may happen. God will bless.

My heart is filled with gratitude and earnest desire for those who have pledged to pray for us. I will miss you all greatly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obviously, I had a lot on my mind while preparing for this trip. Reading this, it sounds like I'm planning to be gone for 2 years rather than 2 months!

I included this entry because it gives some insight into my thought processes at the time.

And in case you were wondering, my roommate did not move and my dog did still love me.

Until next time....

No comments: